Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Música das Borboletas.


I noticed this morning that my blog and website have had a sudden influx of visitors from Portugal, which alerted me to the fact that A Música das Borboletas, the Portuguese translation of The Sound of Butterflies, must be out! It's a lovely cover, I think. I'm intrigued to see what will happen to the translation in the places where, in the English language version, I wrote some dialogue in Portuguese. I guess some copies will inevitably find their way to Brazil, and I wonder what the reaction to the book will be there (I did give it to a couple of genuine Brazilians to read before it was published).

4 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

Reminds me of my first ever question to you...it is a very evocative cover...I like them all, but my least favourite would have to be the US paperback cover. What I like about this one is the association of time...with the vine like leaves and the cracks, plus I like things with an aged look...very classy.

Unknown said...

Loving the Portuguese title translation!

Maggie May said...

this cover is AMAZING.

Vanda Symon said...

All of your covers are so beautiful. I love the antiqued look on this one. The Portugese translation is so lyrical.