Monday, July 21, 2008

Montana Book Awards.




A quick but very hearty congratulations to all the winners at the Montana New Zealand Book Awards last night. I confess I haven't yet read Deutz medal winner Charlotte Grimshaw's Opportunity, although I have read a couple of the stories from it that I liked (and one I didn't, but so what?). My biggest and most biased congratulations to our friend Mary McCallum for picking up not only the award for Best First Book (fiction) - illustrious company on that one Mary if I may say so myself - but also the Readers' Choice award which is chosen by the voting public. What a great suprise that one was to her.

1 comment:

Mary McCallum said...

Thanks Rachael. You are right about the company on that Best First Book podium -- seriously impressive -- and the shock of the Readers Choice. Even my publisher looked like he'd swallowed his fork.